Toi Iho is a licensed trademark launched in 2002 that signifies Maori Made, quality and authenticity for Maori art and Maori artists. The Toi Iho Charitable Trust is committed to maintaining a register of Toi Iho artists, supporting their high quality creative work and advancing the cultural future of Maori as indigenous people.
We are currently in the process of confirming the names of Lifetime Toi Iho artists who were earlier registered to use Toi Iho. Existing Toi Iho artists are encouraged to identify their work with the new kokowai coloured trademark and celebrate 13 years of Toi Iho – it’s business as usual for them.
To apply for the Toi Iho trademark, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- your confirmation that you agree to be a Toi Iho artist
- your mail and email address/es
- your iwi and hapu affiliation
- a brief resume (1-2 pages) for the website
- at least two high definition images of your artworks for the website
- a high definition image of yourself for the website and for a future brochure about Toi Iho
- Some ways in which you would like to use Toi Iho, such as on: business cards, exhibition labels, labels for all items for sale in shops, museums and galleries, catalogues, posters, book jackets, film credits, CD/ DVD covers.
* Note: New applicants will apply under the category of Te Ara Hoe (new artists).